Tuesday 29 April 2008



When I did my last quilt class in March, just before Easter, I mentioned that I had bought two charm packs from Moda, in a range called "At the water's edge". This week, I finally made the quilt top from them. There were two packs of forty squares, so I realised that I could do a 9 x 9 square if I made up one extra, to give me 81 in total. This I did, using a small piece of spare backing from the jelly roll quilt. The quilt is as simple as possible, literally just nine rows of nine but I am very happy with it, and love the colours, those soft, faded tans,corals and blues. Here I am holding it. I finished making it up late last night.


The next stage will be to select a backing fabric and make up my quilt sandwich. I will probably go over to Busy Bees in the next few days. As far as the quilting itself goes, I will start off by quilting in the ditch round all the squares and then might think about doing something else as well. We shall see. The beauty of these smaller quilts is that they are much easier to handle when they are made up.


The next quilt to make up will be the purple one for the Gothic seventeen year old, Sarah, who will be visiting later this week for the weekend.

No comments: