Thursday 10 April 2008



Another post - this time to celebrate the wondrousness of Ikea. Like most crafty folk, there seems to be a permanent battle going on for organisation of storage of all my bits. After the Easter dog show, which left the spare bedroom looking like a bombsite, I realised it needed tidying. But to do so, I needed places to store stuff. DH showed his customary aplomb, whipping out a tape measure and tilting his head on one side in a thoughtful sort of way. Off we toddled down to Ikea, and came across the perfect bookcase cum cupboard unit, which as usual has some completely unpronouncable Swedish name. Also bought a little corkboard for the wall, which is desperately needed. Anyway, DH hammered away, aided by copious cups of tea, did a bit of rejigging and hey presto, I was able to tidy with a glad heart. I had also purchased some magazine folders, and some useful pink boxes. I went through my assorted cross stitch and craft mags and ditched the ones with patterns I knew that I would never use - the pruning helped considerably. Finally, I now have a lovely clear craft table, and neatly stowed magazines and crafting supplies. Who could ask for more?

No comments: