Sunday 27 April 2008





My latest ATCs are for a Docrafts swop on Shimmer and Shine. A while back, at my local Tesco, I noticed that they have started a small selection of craft items, and if there I often have a little browse. On a previous visit, they had reduced some very pretty holographic self adhesive papers in gorgeous vivid blues, pinks and purples, so I bought some and tucked them in my drawer.


For this swop, I used three pearlescent base cards. On the dark pink one, Iused a holographic peel off of a flower, and filled in the petals with a glue pen, then dusted with turquoise glitter. Wow! I used a green Crystal Lacquer on the leaves. Down the side were two pink holographic strips of peel off and I completed the embellishment with an adhesive pink gem heart on the base and a 3D butterfly sticker from K & Co on the top.


For the second one, I used a mid-pink pearlescent base card, and cut out a small rectangle of the dark pink holographic to stick on the base. Across the join was a self adhesive glitter pink border strip (from a set from Lakeland). On the base was a sticker saying "Believe" with a picture of a fairy from a K & Co sticker book and on the top was a shimmery Flower Fairy sticker and two matching glittered leaves. It looks lovely.


The third one was a cream base card again with the holographic dark pink attached and a similar green sparkly border. On the top was a large shimmery holographic butterfly sticker and on the base were two smaller K & Co 3D butterflies. Again, I am very pleased.


Finally I made a RAK for the lady organising the swop. I used a Jemima Puddleduck stamp that came free this week with a craft magazine. This was stamped using Black Lightning ink and embossed with a pearl embossing powder. The picture was coloured using Twinkling H2Os and the fastening of the shawl was embellished with a pink gem. I then trimmed the edges of the card using a decorative edged scissors. This was then placed on a base of a rectangle of flowery paper from an old 12 x 12 sheet. An embroidered ribbon border was applied to the base and the words Best wishes cut out using the scalloped scissors and applied to the top corner. Finished. These will be posted tomorrow.

No comments: