Saturday 10 May 2008




Since I last posted, much to write about. I have been cutting out the purple quilt, having decided on my design. When I had a rough idea of what I wanted, I actually drew it out and coloured it in using Twinkling H2Os and found this very helpful in calculating what to cut and where to put things. Making up the quilt will continue in the next few days, as operations were suspended on Thursday for a lunch we hosted for a family friend. Unlike cross stitch which can easily be put down and picked up, my quilting takes place in the dining room, and when tidied away, takes a little while to re-assemble. Photos will follow when assembly restarts.


ATCs - I completed a further three on the theme of "Handbags and Glad Rags". I made three very different ones. Firstly, Victorian Finery. A background of a typical Victorian print with a silhouette of a lady wearing a fantastically ornate hat and hair arrangement. Two ribbons vertically and horizontally, with diamante gems in the corner. Just before posting, I added a gold organza bow. Lovely. Second, Monochrome Magic. A strip of patterned paper down the middle, with borders of silver holographic stars. Silver peel offs of handbags and dresses, with a black and white checked bow in the corner. Less happy with this one. Third, turquoise fantasy. Blue holographic backing paper, with turquoise corner embellishments. A glitter blue dress sticker and a 3D handbag in blue. A sticker saying "Celebrations" and a small picture of an elegant shoe. Finally, three adhesive pearls in blue down one side. This was great fun to make. Pictures of all attached.
Lastly I've been having fun today making a maze book. Much easier than I expected, again fun to do, and now I've done one, am thinking about doing one as a small gift for friends. Will update further on this. Might also show some photos of how it's made, which is one of those things that looks horrendous on a page but is actually very easy.

No comments: