Saturday 17 May 2008




Had fun today making some ATCs. The theme was witchcraft, wiccan and spells, so was enjoyable to do. I did a bit of reading on the net to get me in the mood and give some ideas. The photos show what I came up with. I made four. The first was a blue card which I then embossed using a Moonglow embossing powder to give a beautiful high gloss finish in a stunning blue colour. Over this I layered a lovely picture I found on the internet of two dragons entwined round a pentagram in blue and green. This was printed, glazed using a Sakura Glaze pen and the edges were coloured using ablue ink pad. It was attached to the card and each corner was fastened by a small blue brad. Finally on each side I affixed three green gems (to represent the Rule of Three, an important principle in Wiccanism). I am very pleased with this one.
Secondly, I used a brown base card which I then painted with a brown Twinkling H2O, to give a slight sheen. An adhesive ribbon was attached, coloured brown with a Celtic knot design. I wrote the words "Wiccan Magick" across the card with an embossing pen, and powdered these with a holographic embossing powder. A circular piece of card was coloured gold using an ink pad, and then I drew a pentagram with a Sakura pen. Iwent over this with the embossing pen and used a wine embossing powder. This stuck to some of the gold ink but I was pleased with the effect. Finally, went over the lines again with a black glitter glue and fixed the circle to the card.
Thirdly, I used a pinky lilac card, and double embossed it. This is where you pour embossing powder on to the molten surface of a heated card being embossed - it gives a lovely effect. Two corner die cuts were applied, and then two chipboard pieces from the recent set I bought from QVC. The picture is of spells and potions, and the text reads "Magic". The colours all work together very well.
The final card is a deep rose pink base with gold peel offs forming an inner border. I found an attractive Secessionist picture on the net of pagan maidens dancing so printed it out and applied Sakura Glaze to it. After attaching to the card, I fixed the corners with small deep rose brads. A simple card, but effective. Working on these themes today has also been very fruitful for the maze book I want to make for Sarah. I will post more on this as it develops.

No comments: