Thursday 5 June 2008




Some delays since last posting but I have not been idle. Cross-stitch first. I have started work on a lovely sampler which has been calling to me for a couple of years. It's from Cross stitcher magazine, and is designed by the late Sheila Hudson. Generally I love her designs and have stitched several smaller ones in the past. She usually designs beautiful flowers and one of her characteristics is that her designs generally use only whole stitches and virtually no backstitch, fractionals or French knots. This particular design is called Potpourri and features several flowers that make up a typical bowl. I am stitching it on pale lilac aida, which works well with the colours in the design, and when complete it will be framed and probably put in our bedroom. I will post pics as it progresses and of course when it is complete.




ATCs. Some photos attached of latest swops. Local Heritage, and the monthly colour swop which for June is Turquoise. I enjoyed doing the Turquoise ones as I had lots of material to work with. Both cards were painted with a light layer of Twinkling H2Os in Navaho Pearl which gives them a subtle shimmer. I also show a roses design RAK for the organiser.
For local heritage, I worked with the Millennium Centre in Cardiff, Brains brewery and Felinfoel ales in Llanelli. Brains sponsor the Welsh rugby team, and their brewery is still in the centre of Cardiff right by the railway station. If I take Andrew in to the station to catch a London train early in the morning, the air is filled with the most delicious malty smell around the brewery. Felinfoel Double Dragon is one of the first beers I ever drank, and very local indeed to my upbringing. No comments on the alcoholic theme emerging!! A blue butterfly RAK for the lady organising the swop is also shown.

Card making - I've been busy making a lot more for greyhounds, to boost depleted stock levels. Next challenge will be a Fathers Day card for my FIL.

No comments: