Wednesday 14 May 2008


Some ATCs to update on. A lady called Cazro on Do Crafts does a colour themed swop every month and I've taken part in it previously e.g. recent peaches and cream cards. This month, the May theme is Lemon and Lime. Two cards to send off.
The lime one was first inked over with a green ink pad, then I used a clear ink to stamp the image (using a fairly new Laura Ashley stamp) - this was then embossed with one of my Moonglow embossing powders. Very pretty and quite subtle. I then added thin green peel offs to form a right angled border and in the top corner, I added a mini tag, attached with a green brad, decorated with a green butterfly sticker and a small adhesive crystal. In total, quite understated, with a fresh, springlike feel.
The lemon one was embossed all over with a Moonglow yellow embossing powder. An adhesive ribbon was placed across the middle and a green mini tag added with a green brad. Yellow diecut flowers were placed on the tag, topped with an adhesive crystal. Each diecut had been painted with a Twinkling H2O in yellow to add a little shimmer. Finally, I added K & Co daisy corner pieces. Both cards are now ready for posting tomorrow.
Also today, I received two parcels from QVC, following last week's papercraft show and craft day on Thursday. Firstly, I ordered some ATC blanks in a wonderful assortment of rainbow colours and metallics (I think there are 600) and they also make excellent card tops for greeting cards.
Secondly, I succumbed to a DCWV kit from the Craft day - this includes a scrapbook (12 x 12), 48 beautiful papers, ribbons, chipboard shapes, and pretty embellished card diecuts, all in the Once upon a Time range, which is wonderfully romantic and quite gothic in feel, with lots of castles, medieval imagery and gorgeous dark colours. Lots to play with and enjoy.

No comments: