Sunday 12 October 2008



I'm appalled that it's been so long since I posted. Apologies. A short one tonight. A greyhound friend asked me to make an 18th birthday card for a young man. I don't know anything about his tastes, hobbies or preferences, so went for something simple. I used a single piece of square card from DCWV, from a new box (along with lots of scalloped and ric rac cards) as the base. On the front, I applied some self adhesive ribbon with a fleur de lys design, and on top a small rectangle of green crackled paper, topped with a die cut and glittered key (traditional coming of age symbol). Above that, I simply applied die cut figures to show 18, and edged the card with a gold inkpad. On the reverse, I cut out a square of Anna Griffin paper, mounted it, then matted a smaller square of plain cream paper and stamped Happy Birthday using a multi coloured inkpad. A green ribbon was attached to the top of the card in case the recipient wants to hang it up.

Photos attached.

1 comment:

Mad about Craft said...

So glad to see you back PIF partner