Wednesday 22 October 2008



A post today on ATCs. But first, I should say that we had a wonderful time with my great aunt on the weekend and she loved her sampler. She's going to ask my dad to put up a picture hook for her next time he's round there, so it can be hung up besides where she sits to do her knitting. She also liked the little book I made her.


The ATCs illustrated are a set I made for a Docrafts swap on the theme of the rainbow. Each participant is requested to provide seven cards, one in each colour of the rainbow, to be decorated as desired. I love rainbows, and can remember my grandfather teaching me the colours of it when I was a little girl. Fortunately I was off to a good start with plenty of coloured blank cards and my trusty Twinkling H2Os. Each card was painted in the corresponding Twinkle, just to give it a good base. I love the subtle shimmer they produce. Then I decided to go with an oriental theme - no particular reason, just felt right. I used a variety of stickers, some backing papers covering half a card on some colours (green and violet) and plenty of adhesive gemstones (ah, bling, who can resist?). I also had some very pretty mini postcards and illustrations that I'd got ages ago that were just right for some of these. Photos attached and the cards were posted off this afternoon.
My next project will be for our nephews. They recently sent us some great cards for Andrew's birthday and for Booty's - as we don't know her actual date of birth, we celebrate it on the same day as her master. She also received a wonderful rabbit toy that she and Andy have been playing with enthusiastically. I decided to send the boys a couple of snaps of the dogs, and after printing them out, decided that as I had a couple of little minibooks still available, one of these would be perfect, and allow me to put in a couple of extra pics and maybe some funny text and a thank you note from Booty. So, I'll be starting that tomorrow.


No comments: