Wednesday 30 July 2008


Apologies for the delay in posting. Not much craft related activity to report, as it's been hot sunny weather. One of Andrew's colleagues is having a pretty tough time at the moment - she's just lost her beloved grandmother, has been in hospital and is in the process of house moving/building. So he asked me to make her a little card to say thinking of you. Photo attached. I made it from a wonderful kit I got ages ago from QVC - an enormouse K & Co box, which seems to be bottomless, with two scrapbooks, masses of papers, vellums, die cuts and greetings cards. It must be one of the best value things I have ever bought. I used one of the scrapbooks to make the recent one for my inlaws' wedding anniversary, and was lavish with my use of paper and embellishments, but it hardly seems to have dented it. The designs are really pretty too. For this card, I used a green greeting card, with a simple check on it. Above was a pretty vellum with glittered daisies. A die cut card ribbon placed across (disguising tape used to adhere vellum) with a bouquet of daisies, bee and ladybird die cut and a small panel to say Thinking of You, with daisies in the corner. It looks fresh and pretty and I hope she likes it.

No comments: