Tuesday 10 February 2009




Keen readers will recall my description of some cross stitched rose buds for an ATC. My eye was caught by a PIF swap on the forum I belong to, so I decided they would be perfect for it. PIF stands for Pay It Forward, and the idea is that the organiser invites participants. She then posts a list of all the names and everyone receives a card from the person above them and sends to the person below them in the chain. Great fun. In this case the card had to feature the word Love somewhere on it. I used a plain white ATC which I then coloured using a pink ink pad rubbed across it. Then I sprayed it with one of my Glimmer Sprays in pink giving a beautiful glistening effect. The cross stitch was trimmed, backed and mounted on the card, then I affixed two mini tags, one with the word Love the other with the word Cherish. Both were attached using brads, one heart shaped and the other a sparkly irridescent one. I decided to make an envelope to send the ATC - so used a template I have and a piece of plain cream heavyweight paper. Then I stamped the paper with alternating pink and green images with a pretty Laura Ashley stamp of a chrysanthemum flower before making up the envelope. Very happily, the lady I sent it to responded to say that she was delighted with it, and as a former cross stitcher herself was particularly appreciative.

No comments: