Sunday 15 February 2009




Just a short little post on some ATCs tonight. I made some ATCs for this month's colour swap - the theme colour is hot pink. Photos attached of the two cards I made. One was a plain card. On top I used the inner box of some Clarins shower gel that Andrew gave me for Christmas in a really vibrant colour. I cut some bits off and edged them with silver ink. Then I added some fabric flowers. On the other side of the card, I applied felt ribbon and halfway down, used an irridescent brad to apply a bright pink heart I stamped onto shrink plastic. Then I added some silver glitter glue to the front of the heart and the centre of the flowers. Finally I used a gel pen to colour in between the curves of the felt ribbon. Lovely! The other ATC was a rectangle of bright pink check card with a glittered surface. Again, I added some of the shower gel box edged in silver and added some fabric flowers. Then I added a shrink plastic heart into the side of the ATC. Again, added glitter glue and some glitter strands to the centres of two of the flowers. A fiesta of pinkness.
Yesterday I went to Inkspot, my favourite craft shop in Cardiff. I bought a neat little template for making envelopes for ATCs. I put this to use with some Laura Ashley patterned paper and made two sweet little envelopes for the cards. After the cards had dried tonight, I put them in and they will be hitting the post tomorrow.

No comments: