Friday 16 January 2009











So - this time it's all about Sarah. My oldest friend Liz and I were brought up together - she literally lived across the street from us, and my parents were friendly with her parents before we were all even born. Anyway, Liz's eldest daughter is called Sarah and earlier this week she turned eighteen. I'll skip lightly over how old that makes me feel, and the fact that her birth seems like yesterday. Anyway, she has grown up into a bright, beautiful young woman with lots of exciting possibilities ahead of her. For her birthday, I have made her a scrapbook of photos of her going back to her birth. Liz lent me a couple of old albums so the pictures are a combo of ones I've taken over the years along with some of hers. I also uploaded a set to the Photobox website and have ordered (and received) a nice photo collage for her of lots of lovely pics. It needs to be framed, but it's just great. The scrapbook I chose is one I bought over a year ago, as when I saw it, I knew instantly it would be perfect for Sarah. The whole kit is a range called Once upon a time from Die Cuts with a View. It features gorgeous papers with dragons, unicorns, castles and lovely Gothic castles. These are all things that Sarah is mad keen on - especially dragons. When I bought the kit, it came with assorted matching ribbons, epoxy stickers, chipboard shapes and card shapes. Some of these got used in the birthday card. I'm very pleased with how the whole album has turned out and I'm hoping to see her over the weekend - it'll be fascinating to see how she feels about it.

No comments: