Wednesday 7 January 2009

Lots to update on. I've decided I'll need to do another post tomorrow during daylight as I need to take some photos that won't come out very well in the darkness. Scrapbooking first, and I'll begin with a big Hoorah! for a company called Photobox. It's nice to be able to praise them wholeheartedly. I used them before Christmas for a number of photo related gifts such as calendars, mugs etc. and was incredibly impressed by their excellent quality goods, speed of service and prices. Anyway over the holiday break, I noticed they were doing photo credits for the year ahead, so stocked up. After all the visits and celebrations finished, Monday was the official "Back to School" sort of day when DH went back to work, and decorations came down, very sadly. I uploaded my festive piccies to the website and ordered a batch. Tuesday an email to say they were on their way and this morning they were delivered by Carwyn our trusty postman. Beautifully wrapped in a neat plastic folder, in a funky silver envelope. Good photo quality, and perfect for my plans.

Firstly, I made a minibook for my in-laws, who visited us over the New year for a few days. This was the last one from the bottomless Brenda Pinnick kit, and it's lovely with a shimmery ribbon at the top and pages in cool tones of lilac, blue and grey. Some pics attached of the book with the pages made up. I've popped it in a Jiffybag and it will hit the post tomorrow. The visit was particularly special as it was my mother-in-law's 65th birthday just before Christmas so we were also belatedly celebrating that with a special meal out at a lovely place called the Felin Fach Griffin. In Welsh, Felin Fach means "Little Mill". Imagine all the things you want in a country pub. Roaring fire. Aga, with tea towels airing in stacks over the front, and bread warming in the top oven. Home made soda bread. Dried flowers. Real ales. Squashy comfy sofas. Big wooden tables. Glowing candles. No jukebox or slot machine (hurrah!). Spotless loos. Friendly bar staff. Lots of nooks and crannies. Yes, all that in one place. Bliss.

The rest of the prints I ordered are going to be used in another of the BP kit bits - a 12 x 12" scrapbook, with a much fuller series of pics about Christmas and the New Year together, probably about 50 pics in total. That will take a bit longer to do, but I'm looking forward to getting my teeth into it.

No comments: