Wednesday 5 March 2008

Quilting class tonight. Our homework last week was to complete an appliqué block, which I did. I'll post a photo of it shortly. Anything computer-y has been at sixes and sevens because of the computer falling over at the end of last week, and we are only now getting back to some sort of normality. Tonight we started work on the big centre block which will be in the middle of the quilt - an enjoyable piece to work on. Marianne showed us how to do one of the quarters in class and we now have the others to do for homework. I had some very positive feedback from the other ladies who had bought Mothers Day cards, saying that their mothers and mothers in law had liked them very much. It's so nice to know this.

The shop is currently having a big sale and all of us were drooling over the wonderful fabrics that were in the sale and imagining projects. I've decided to make a visit later in the week, partly because it's better to look at the colours in daylight, but also to make a more sober assessment of what I can realistically achieve and not to get too carried away (which would be so easy to do!!).
At the moment, my current (very vague) list would be to make :-

A gothic purple one for Sarah (my friend's daughter, who is a 17 year old Gothic princess)
A tablecloth for the kitchen
One for my aunt
One or more Christmas hangings, cushions or lap quilts for our house and possibly also as gifts.

The shop has also released its plans for its tenth anniversary this year and is having a special exhibition of quilts later in the summer. I don't know at the moment whether to put in one of mine. Also they have released details for a programme of summer classes - there are some really nice ones and I think I will sign up for them. Generally they fill up quickly so I will get my skates on. One of the ones that had us all in giggles tonight was a one day workshop on "Decorating Your Bra for Belly Dancing" - I say why stop at Belly dancing? Why not for doing the hoovering or the washing up? Or even walking the dog?

No comments: