Sunday 16 March 2008


Apologies to all for the delay in posting. Not because of a hiatus in craft related activities, but rather the reverse. The craft room now looks like an explosion in a card factory, as the next Greyhound show is on Easter Sunday and for the first time I will be sitting on a stall fundraising by the sale of hand made cards. I have never done this before and am feeling a variety of emotions including excitement, worry and curiosity. Although I make cards regularly for the GRW shop, I don't actually come face to face with the buyers so it will be interesting to see what sells (if anything) and get feedback.


I attach a photo of an Easter card made for my in-laws, who we are visiting today. The design was cross stitched, using soft shades of blue and coffee tones. A darker brown thread was used for stitching the message. I then applied seed beads (a dark rainbow assortment) to represent the spots as I am still not up to French knots. The design was mounted in a cream coloured aperture card. Along the bottom, I applied ribbon, brown with little blue dots and finally applied a fabric flower in blue, attached by a pale blue crystal brad. The envelope has been adorned in my usual style with an exuberant assortment of Easter stickers.

No comments: