Wednesday 6 February 2008




ATCs first. In the post today, I received my Lovers swop cards, which are beautiful, and I'm thrilled. Also received an email to say that the patchwork set have arrived safely, which is good news. The twinkling H2O swop cards are complete and I posted them off today. Photos illustrate the three I made, all broadly similar but just slight variations in the colour scheme and background stamp used. The chocolate and pink one uses a pretty brown ribbon with pink edging that is from the new stash I recently ordered from QVC.


Went to quilting class tonight - I attach photos of the Friendship star block that was started last week in class (using Foundation piecing) and completed at home, also the previous week's one. Tonight we started work on the corner blocks for the quilt which use the FP technique but in a more complex way. Also received a request to bring in some cards for Mothers Day. The lady who bought the card for her niece was saying how thrilled she was with it, and that she is now going to frame it, which I was absolutely delighted by.

1 comment:

Mad about Craft said...

As I have been browsing blogs tonight I have come across 2 other ladies having done the same block as you (3rd photo one, unsure of its' name). I love this block and want to use it in a quilt.

I would also love to swap ATCs with you, but first I need to make some!