Sunday 24 January 2010


So, Tuesday is the birthday of a dear friend. I've already posted about the table topper I have made for her, and on Saturday we went into Cardiff and I bought some L'Occitane goodies for her. I am also stitching a sampler for her - this is not going to be ready for her birthday but I don't want to post it anyway, and will give it to her when she next visits. Attached are some pics of her birthday card.
I took a tall, narrow pink pearlescent base card and started by layering up some striped paper. Then on a piece of white card I stamped the image of the owl and the greeting in a dark blue ink and rounded the corners. Then I used colour from ink pads to gently smudge paler blues and violets around the card background, giving a sort of cloudy effect. Then I spritzed the picture with a blue glimmer spray and dried it with a heat gun to give a subtle blue shimmer. I used a Gelly Roll metallic pen to colour the little flower on the owl's head and ran a dark ink pad round the edges of the card before mounting it onto the card base. Below, I added a horizontal ribbon and then using my pokey tool made a hole for the yellow flower, and attached it using a small pearl centred brad. Finally, I used some crystal Stickles brushed over the petals to give a shimmery dewdrop effect to the flower. Once it was dry, I wrote in the card and posted it - yippee!

No comments: