Tuesday 19 January 2010




So, a few new things to post. First, the sympathy card. There isn't really a great deal to say about it; I've written before that these are definately the hardest and least pleasant cards to do. This one is for one of Andrew's colleagues who has recently lost her mum.

Below is a thank you card I made for my great aunt. I cross stitched a picture of a teapot as not only does she like drinking tea but she also makes the most wonderful hand knitted tea cosies. This is mounted in an aperture card. For the card front, I used some ink pads to swirl lots of blues and lilacs around (to pick up the colours of the pot) and finally finished off with an adhesive ribbon and a little message. I was very pleased with it - pretty colours.
And finally the birthday card in the top picture. This was for a friend's 19th birthday. It is an A4 card, so plenty of space to fill. I started by layering the card with a beautiful piece from a 12 x 12 stack from DCWV with a medieval theme. This piece has lots of gorgeous glittered paisleys on it,with a rather nice sort of timber framing. On top I cut a piece of A5 white card, which I then coloured gradually in misty layers using ink pads. I put a 10 pence piece on the top so as to leave a circle white, and then with the coin still in place, I spritzed the design with my shimmer sprays and then dried it with the heat gun, giving a beautiful glimmery finish. Lifting off the coin meant there was now a lovely moon in the top of the landscape. The design was completed by randomly stamping lovely vegetation images across the front in a charcoal shade. This was then mounted onto some gold card which was then in turn put on to the main card. Finally, I added a ribbon into the side, and twisted in some purple beads on gold wire as the recipient loves purple. I've subsequently heard the recipient likes it very much which is lovely.

1 comment:

The Calico Quilter said...

These are so clever! And beautiful. I'm sure the recipients felt very blessed and loved.

Ooh, my verification word was "breeze"! What are the odds of an actual word coming up?