Tuesday 25 November 2008











A little pre-Christmas project. Andrew's parents have a very good friend, who they went to school with. Over the years we've kept in touch with her too, and I was going to do a letter and some photos with her Christmas card. But really, once you've got two or three photos, you're halfway to a minibook, and in my bottomless Brenda Pinnick kit, there were some very pretty little minibooks just crying out to be used. So, off I went today. I selected a variety of nice photos to pick up some of the news and activities since we last saw her in May. The minibook is very pretty with six pocket pages. You can do the traditional embellishments on the front and back of the pages, but of course you also have pretty little pocket inserts that you lift out by a piece of ribbon - ideal for a photo. I added text that I did in a Word text box, just to give some little notes and context to the pictures. The book itself is very pretty and didn't need a huge amount of embellishing, but I added a few nice little flowers and so on. Photos attached of the book, which I hope she'll like. Tomorrow, I'll be making a card, then wrapping and sending.

No comments: