Wednesday 23 January 2008

Illinois quilt block



A couple of things to update. Cards first. Here is another birthday card I made to offer at quilting class tonight. Using a pretty butterfly ABC from Cross Stitch Crazy, I stitched a letter H, then mounted it in a pearlescent card. I applied a border sticker from a set from Lakeland, and topped that with a yellow square on foam pads, topped by a text box in Word printed with the words "For a dear niece". I am pleased with it, and hope this will complete a good selection for the commission.


Quilting next. Photo shows first completed block - called Illinois. I am not entirely satisfied with it, but have no intention of unpicking and going back. I have two other blocks to complete featuring flying geese. Marianne has shown us a brilliant way of doing these and I'm slowly getting the hang of my rotary cutter. I am very pleased with the colours and the fabrics.

No comments: