Sunday 17 May 2009











In my last post, I wrote about the wonderful day I had in Barry doing ATCs and meeting the other lovely ladies from the Docrafts forum. This week, I've been experimenting with some of the techniques learnt to do a couple of thank you ATCs and I have also made up some cards.
The two ATCs were made using a technique of blending inks which I learned and like very much (thank you Lisa!). Both were "blended", then on one I used a rainbow ink pad to make a chrysanthemum stamp and a thank you message. On the other I stamped the word "Friendship" with some floral brackets in the corners, which were then coloured using Sakura pens. Both cards were also spritzed with glimmer sprays, which gives a gorgeous subtle shine to the surface and complements the swirly colours. I am very pleased with these.
For the cards, I returned to a wonderful kit from K & Co that I bought from QVC some years ago. It appears to be bottomless. I picked out three greetings cards and used a variety of complementary diecuts and stickers from the kit to layer up. Finally I added a ribbon on one and some Stickles glitter glue to emphasise some of the rose petals and flower centres. One is going to be a thank you card for the organiser last week, one is a thank you card for the lady who sold plants at the most recent greyhound show and one is to a good friend of mine, just because.

No comments: