Sunday 31 January 2010






It's been a busy weekend craft wise. I'll start with the papercrafting. Regular readers of my "life" blog will know we keep in touch with the lady who adopted our beloved foster dog, Murgatroyd, and we met up with her before Christmas for a lovely day out and walk at Pembrey Country Park. We took lots of pics and I promised Rhian that I would send her copies. I uploaded the photos to Photobox, the photo website I use, and we had the prints back, in the early part of the New Year. I made a little wallet for the photos, just from a piece of A4 paper that I folded and then used some invisible tape on the sides. I also stuck a little sticker on the front. Just seems a lot better than sending them loose or in a plastic bag.

I kept back one of the photos and made it into a little calendar. All I did was layering up of card and paper with some pretty little fabric flowers stuck to the card by using brads and attaching a mini calendar pad to the front, over a strip of ribbon. On the top I affixed a ribbon loop for hanging.

Then I made a little card to go in with the goodies. Keeping the same palette of browns, yellows and orange, I used a peachy base card, with a strip of pearlescent textured card down the middle, topped with some patterned K & Co paper. Then I took another piece of tan card and stamped the image of the tree on it, which was then coloured in with Sakura pens, one Gelly Roll and one Metallic Gold glaze. This was then mounted on the top. Finally, I affixed some square gemstones in amber colouring.

Two more cards to share. One is a birthday card for my aunt. I took a K & Co patterned base card, then added a tag, ribbon, and some stick ons. On the bottom, a sticker. Very pleased with it. Also a similar card to say "Thanks, we're coming" for a lovely person we know who just invited us to her book launch (how exciting!!!!). Again, a printed K & Co base card, a sticker and a tag, with some pretty little stickers on the top plus a ribbon which I swiped with an ink pad to turn it an attractive pumpkin colour.

No comments: